Winding down in the evening can be difficult at times – sometimes your mind keeps going long after you’ve rested your head on the pillow – The same goes for kids. If this sounds like a familiar scenario, try applying Essential Oils – The 3 main oils typically applied are Frankincense, Lavender, and Vetiver – these oils help to promote a deep and restful sleep. Here’s a great recipe for a DIY Foot Cream you can rub onto your feet each night before bed to help you relax and get the sleep you’ve been needing!
D.I.Y. Whipped Bedtime Foot Cream
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cups of Cocoa Butter
- 18 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 12 drops of Vetiver Essential Oil
- 12 drops of Frankincense Essential Oil
Alternatives: feel free to substitute any of the above oils with Ylang Ylang, Roman Chamomile, Cedarwood, or Clary Sage Essential Oil. All of these Essential Oils promote restful sleep and relaxation – feel free to customize the recipe to your own personal needs & preferences!
- Add Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil to a pan, simmer until fully melted.
- Let rest on the counter for 8-10 mins.
- Add your Essential Oils and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Make sure it is firm, but not hard. Whip on high with electric mixer until the mixture softens and forms peaks.
- Massage a pea-sized amount onto yours & your kids feet before bed
- Sleep well!