Sometimes you just need a little treat, and the other day I made a batch of coconut lime popcorn with white chocolate bark, lime essential oil, lime zest, and caramel sea salt coconut chips. It was to die for! Best of all, it’s super simple to make and perfect for casual summer gatherings.
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 lb white chocolate bark
- 3-5 drops Lime essential oil
- zest of 1-2 limes
- 1/2 bag caramel sea salt coconut chips, crushed.
- 1 tsp coconut extract/flavoring (optional).
- Melt bark in a double boiler, taking care not to scorch it. (Or, microwave for increments of 10 seconds until it melts – be aware that it will retain its original shape until stirred, even if properly melted).
- Add essential oil to melted bark to taste and stir quickly.
- Add lemon zest to mixture and stir.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and gently toss and/or stir to coat.
- Add crushed coconut chips and toss or stir to combine.
- Spread on wax or parchment paper and allow to cool.
TIP: For an extra boost of coconutty goodness, pop the corn in extra virgin coconut oil. Enjoy!