Top 5 Ways to Shield Your Family
They lurk in door ways and restrooms. They are on the playground, at the store, even at church *gasp*. No one can escape their grasp, but there is hope. For generations people have been resisting their clutches, and now you can, too.
With school back in session, and cooler weather on the horizon, SHIELDing your family-young and old-is as important as ever. Legend has it that in 15th century England during the time of the great plague, grave robbers developed their own blend of Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary to protect them while robbing the plague victims. Fast Forward 600 years. With our modern blend of pure oils, here are the top 5 ways you can Shield yourself, loved ones, and community one drop (or spritz) at a time.
- Aromatic Diffusion: Something “in the air”? Diffuse a few drops of Shield in bedrooms, bathrooms, and other main living areas throughout the house to purify the air and allow the protective blend to enter the body’s airways. Also great for the car, office or classroom.
- NEAT on the Feet: For preventative care, apply to the feet nightly (dilute for young or sensitive skin). When sick, apply diluted every few hours until symptoms subside. Using Base Salve, make your own Shield Salve for easy use on children and while traveling.
- Surface Cleaner: In a glass or PET spray bottle, combine 10 drops each of Lemon, Shield, and Refresh, and fill to the top with distilled or purified water. Shake and spray your kitchen (and bathroom) surfaces clean!
- Sore Throat? Try this: Dilute and rub Shield onto your neck every few hours until symptoms subside. Also try gargling in one drop Shield in 4 oz. water every few hours to clean and soothe sore throats due to a Cold, Strep, Flu, etc.
- Hand Sanitizer: In an old hand sanitizer bottle or squeeze bottle of your choosing, combine 2 Tablespoons Aloe gel, 6 oz water, and 20-25 drops of Shield. Use when soap and water aren’t available or convenient (camping, school, dining out, etc.)
Now get out there and give it a try! Keep those icky-sick germs at bay and your friends, family, and community Shielded.
Dilute for young and sensitive skin-salves and roller bottles are a great way to have diluted blends on-hand. Use cautiously during pregnancy, always err on high dilution. Consult a doctor or Naturopath before using Shield if living with an autoimmune disease (such as Multiple Sclerosis) due to its immune-enhancing nature. Stop use if any adverse reactions occur.