Birch Essential Oil is created from steam distillation of birch tree wood. It is difficult to frequently and sustainably harvest this oil, so many companies only offer Birch seasonally and in limited quantities – However, we make a great effort to offer this highly-demanded oil year-round, so that you never need to be without! Birch is known for soothing achy muscles and joints, because it contains methyl salicylate. It also is widely used in massage therapy, supports the circulatory system, respiratory function, skin conditions, and is known for its stimulating aroma.
In addition to the physical benefits of Birch Essential Oil, it has great aromatic benefits as well. It can have a strong uplifting and relaxing effect, to aid in combating feelings of being overwhelmed, unmotivated, rejected, or unorganized. Diffuse birch in a quiet place and allow yourself to take in the aroma and become more connected with your inner self.
Popular Uses of Birch Essential Oil
- Use aromatically through the day, or directly from the bottle, or by massaging into the solar plexus for increased confidence and peace of mind.
- When feeling emotional (unloved, unsupported, etc) diffuse Birch Essential Oil find your inner strength and get through your day smoothly.
- Massage onto the soles of the feet and use aromatically during meditation.
- Add Birch Essential Oil to your normal daily cleansing/moisturizing routine.
- Gently rub 1-2 drops of Birch onto the shoulder and neck area 2-3 times a day to relieve built up tension.