Pure Birch Oil: Benefits & Uses
Birch Essential Oil is created from steam distillation of birch tree wood. It is difficult to frequently and sustainably harvest this oil, so many companies only offer Birch seasonally and in limited quantities – However, we make a great effort to offer this highly-demanded oil year-round, so that you never need to be without! Birch is known for soothing achy muscles and joints, because it contains methyl salicylate. It also is widely used in massage therapy, supports the circulatory system, respiratory function, skin conditions, and is known for its stimulating aroma.
In addition to the physical benefits of Birch Essential Oil, it has great aromatic benefits as well. It can have a strong uplifting and relaxing effect, to aid in combating feelings of being overwhelmed, unmotivated, rejected, or unorganized. Diffuse birch in a quiet place and allow yourself to take in the aroma and become more connected with your inner self.
Birch Essential Oil combines well with all spice oils, as well as Frankincense, Lavender, and Sandalwood.
Popular Uses of Birch Essential Oil
- Use aromatically through the day, or directly from the bottle, or by massaging into the solar plexus for increased confidence and peace of mind.
- When feeling emotional (unloved, unsupported, etc) diffuse Birch Essential Oil find your inner strength and get through your day smoothly.
- Massage onto the soles of the feet and use aromatically during meditation.
- Add Birch Essential Oil to your normal daily cleansing/moisturizing routine.
- Gently rub 1-2 drops of Birch onto the shoulder and neck area 2-3 times a day to relieve built up tension.
A Few Easy Recipes to Get You Started:
Muscle and Joint Pain: In 5 ml roller bottle blend 10 drops each of Birch and Lavender Essential Oils. Apply to joints or muscles to soothe.
Runners Foot Relief: Mix equal parts Lemongrass and Birch with a carrier oil (such as coconut oil) apply to sore feet after a run or workout.
Woodsy Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each of Birch, Cypress, and White Fir Essential Oils.
Get a bottle of Birch Essential Oil, and see all of our diffusers inside our shop now: