What is Cardamom?
Cardamom is a spice made from the seed pods of various plants in the ginger family. Cardamom pods are spindle-shaped and have a triangular cross-section. The pods contain a number of seeds, but the entire cardamom pod can be used whole or ground. The seeds are small and black, while the pods differ in color and size by species.
Method of Extraction
Cardamom seed oil is extracted through steam distillation. The seeds of the fruit are harvested just before they ripen. This produces a 1 to 5 percent yield
Cardamon Essential oil has been attributed to its ability to reduce spasms, reduce nausea, promote clear breathing and respiratory health, it’s also used as a flavorful spice for cooking and baking, and it may help ease indigestion and maintain overall gastrointestinal health. There are many other benefits to Cardamon essential oil but these 5 benefits we have mentioned are the primary and most notorious ones.
- Add to bread, smoothies, juices, meats, and salads to enhance flavor food and help digestion.
- Use daily as a health regimen to support healthy gastrointestinal function.
- Diffuse or inhale for mental clarity.
Direction of Use
- Diffuse: three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internally: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topically: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
COMMENT AND SHARE!
As usual we want to thank you for following us. We hope that this Blog entry has been helpful for you in your journey with essential oils. For any further questions leave a comment below or click to the link below to obtain our phone number or email.
Cardamom is only available as part of the Premium Oil Of The Month Club! Join the club now!