This week has been CRAZY and it’s only Wednesday!!!! Does anyone else ever have those kind of weeks???
Between kids’ activities, husband being gone, birthday celebrations, play dates, early morning meetings, helping friends with wonderful audit stuff, and the list goes on, I have been the worst at my meal planning and cooking good meals.
Tonight I wanted to make something special, to reset my stomach from all of the not so great things I have put in my belly the last few days and also because I am obsessed with these spices. The weather was finally nice out and I was craving the smell of the grill!
First, I took my thawed chicken and marinated it in a mixture of the Omaha Prime Spice, Some Olive Oil, a little bit of Vinegar, and a little bit of water just to give it more of a marinade consistency. I let it soak for the majority of the day.
I also made bread and an awesome salad to go along with the meal. Here is the recipe that I used to make the bread:
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons Olive oil
2 tablespoons Italian Spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
(I chose not to go with the Salt & Pepper mixture in this recipe because I wasn’t wanting the lime in the bread)
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 1/4 cup of the water in a large bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes until foamy.
- In the same bowl, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian Spice, 1/2 teaspoons salt, 3/4 cups warm water and all the flour. Mix with large spoon until dough forms. Then, knead the dough for 5-7 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Rub olive oil on the inside of clean bowl and place the dough in the bowl, cover with towel, let stand one hour. It should become about double size.
- Place sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into 2 halves. Knead each for a couple of minutes working them into a ball. Sprinkle with flour as needed and let them sit, uncovered, for an additional hour.
- Preheat oven to 400F and bake the loaves for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining Italian Spice, kosher salt, and some ground pepper. Return for 10-12 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes, but serve warm.
YUM!!!!! YUM!!!! YUM!!!!!